The warmth the sun gives is appreciated after a long winter. But what happens when the heat creeps into your home or office and makes life tiring? A portable evaporative cooler may be the solution you need.
How Evaporative Coolers Work
Evaporative coolers bring about a cooling effect by lowering air temperature through evaporated water. Similar to the cooling effect you feel when you drop some water on your skin, this appliance exchanges the heat in the air with the coolness of water. In the end, the air cools, and the water evaporates.
Water is trapped in the cooling unit where the cooling pads absorb some. Next, warm air is directed to the cooling unit and it passes through the cooling pads. The now cool air is channeled out and dispersed while the water temperature is increased and some of it evaporates.
Benefits of Evaporative Coolers
The following are the benefits of using evaporative air coolers:
- Option of increasing humidity: Some evaporative coolers are designed to increase humidity in a room. For places with low humidity, this feature is crucial. Air conditioners are known to remove moisture from air, but evaporative coolers may increase the moisture in air.
- Lower energy bills: Evaporative coolers generally use less energy than air conditioners; yet they achieve similar results. Using a portable evaporative cooler may significantly lower your monthly energy bills. What is more? A large evaporative cooler can serve your home, saving you from the need to purchase several units, which may require more works.
- Green and cleaner environment: Evaporative coolers do not use chemical coolants like Freon and the CFCs. That is an essential environmental advantage as we seek to reduce the damage to our ozone layer.
- Little or no maintenance expenses: With no need to refill chemical coolants or replace compressors, an evaporative cooler has little financial implications. You only need to clean the unit regularly, replace the water, and avoid mechanical damage. Evaporative coolers are designed to be rugged and last for a long time.
- Ease of installation and transportation: Upon purchase, you can follow the appliance manual to set up your portable evaporative cooler; it is easy. Most units come with roller tires for easy transportation.
- Inverter compatibility: Evaporative coolers may also be designed to use DC power or work with inverters; this gives users a wider power choice if AC power is unavailable.